Arnold novelty 2022
Steam locomotive 58 201, with a four-dome boiler, in black/red paintwork, epoch III.
The 58.10-40 series is a long-cherished wish of many TT railroaders. We at Arnold were always aware of that. It was clear from the start that we wanted to use a model of this legendary locomotive to show what is possible in TT gauge and that TT is rightly called the "middle gauge": A robust design, easy maintenance, fine details and excellent driving characteristics are not necessary be opposites!
And so the development began with constructing the frame, locomotive boiler, tender chassis and housing from metal injection molding.
We also attached great importance to the scale and provided the wheels of the three middle locomotive wheel sets with fine wheel flanges. In order to achieve optimal driving characteristics even on old, uneven track systems, some wheel sets are spring-loaded. This ensures constant contact with the rail. Many of the model's handlebars are made of overmoulded steel wire, a locomotive driver and a stoker figure in the driver's cab complete the shapely and powerful steam locomotive model.
• Frame, boiler, tender chassis and housing made of die-cast metal
• Depending on the model, the locomotive has a three- or four-domed boiler, bell, and a coal box attachment and gas tank on the rear end of the tender
• Powerful five-pole motor with flywheel in the locomotive boiler
• All wheel sets with the finest spokes, some with fine wheel flanges for a prototypical appearance
• Three locomotive wheel sets and the middle tender wheel set are sprung for optimal driving characteristics
• All lamps are illuminated depending on the direction of travel and can be switched in digital mode
• Many extra details, where possible made of robust steel wire
• The cab interior and the front of the tender have been extensively detailed
• All model versions also available with sound. The sound was specially developed by us for this model
• Locomotive and tender couplers with NEM 355 coupler pockets
• Close coupling between locomotive and tender
• Digital interface according to NEM 662 (“Next 18”)
• Analog version prepared for the installation of a square speaker (15 x 11 mm)
• Minimum radius: 310 mm
• Length over buffers: 154 mm
• Weight: about 130g
|Power system: ||DC|
|Digital Interface:||Next18 digital decoder socket|
|Coupler:||Shaft NEM 358 with KK kinematics|
|Length over buffer:||154 mm|
|Navigable minimum radius:||310 mm|
|Headlights:||Triple headlights and two taillights, alternating with travel direction|
|Manufacturer price:||339,90 €|