Steam locomotive BR 58 1424-9 of the DR, epoch IV, in black / red paint, version with 4-domed boiler, DCC with sound
The first steam locomotives of the later class 58.10-40 were built in 1917 as the Prussian G 12 in the Henschel works. By 1924, almost 1,500 units were built by various locomotive factories for the Prussian, Baden, Württemberg and Saxon railways. The locomotives with around 1550 hp formed the backbone of heavy goods traffic until the mid-1930s. After the Second World War, BR 58 steam locomotives were found in both German states. In the area of the Deutsche Bundesbahn, these locomotives could be dispensed with very quickly and they were decommissioned by the end of the 1950s.
The Deutsche Reichsbahn, on the other hand, could not do without its service for a long time. Some examples were given a makeover in the 1960s, but they were also used in their original design until the mid-1970s. The Aue / Sachs depot became known. due to the last missions of the 58 series in 1976.
|Power system: ||DC|
|Manufacturer price:||369,00 €|