Steam locomotive 95 021
coal-fired, with modernized sandboxes
Highlights of the model:
• factory equipped with 6-pin digital interface according to NEM 651
• with coal bunker
• with modernized sandboxes
The Class 95 of the German Reichsbahn comprises steam locomotives that were built between 1922 and 1924 by the manufacturers Borsig and Hanomag. Originally ordered as Prussian Class T20 locomotives, they received the class number 95 in 1925. Despite the initial plan to use these locomotives for rack railway operation on steep gradients, their considerable weight meant they were primarily used for freight and pusher service on mountain lines, earning them the nickname "Queen of the Mountains." After World War II, 12 locomotives remained in West Germany and were used by the Deutsche Bundesbahn (German Federal Railway) until 1957. These were scrapped by 1959. In East Germany (GDR), the locomotives continued to be used, and 24 were converted to oil firing in Meiningen during the 1960s. Scheduled service for the last locomotives ended in 1981. Some locomotives, including 95 016 and 95 027, were preserved for museum and heritage purposes and are still operational today. These preserved locomotives are owned by museums and railway societies, among others.
| Manufacturer: | Arnold |
| Article-No.: | HN2597 |
| EAN: | 5063129039127 |
| Gauge: | N |
| Railway Company: | DR |
| Era: | III |
| Power system: | DC |
| Digital-Decoder: | No |
| Digital Interface: | NEM 651 digital decoder socket |
| Motor | Hochleistungsmotor |
| Flywheel mass: | Yes |
| Navigable minimum radius: | 192 mm |
| Headlights: | Three front headlights, changing with travel direction |
| Lichtwechsel Farbe | white-white |
| | |
| Delivery Date: | 09/2025 |
| Manufacturer price: | 204,90 € |