2nd entry class car of the DB, epoch IV
- New 2019 -
Print version of the middle entry control car 2nd class in the blue version of the DB in epoch IV. From 1951 the still young DB procured new ones Express transit wagons, which were the first production cars of the DB to have a length of 26.4 meters. These cars had in addition to the final entrances a center entry. The cars were welded in all-steel design, received rubber bead transitions at the ends of the car and bogies of the type Minden-Deutz (MD 32), which allowed a maximum speed of 140 km / h. However, by using D62 alternators, the maximum speed was limited to 120 km / h. The cars could either be heated by steam or electrically. The new cars were initially used in light express trains in city fast traffic. The control cars were often also with Umbauwagen or Silberlingen in local traffic in metropolitan areas in operational use. In the 1970s and 1980s Mitteleinstiegswagen were also used in other commuter trains. During this period, the BDylbf gradually lost their control device. Over time, all wagons of this type migrated increasingly in subordinate services because of the lack of door closing device until they were eventually retired in 1994 at DB AG.
|Power system: ||DC|
|Length over buffer:||303 mm|
|Navigable minimum radius:||358 mm|
|Coupler:||Shaft NEM 362 with KK kinematics|
|Manufacturer price:||74,99 €|