Freight train baggage car Pg of the P.St.E.V.
Company number: Magdeburg 5210
Up until the 1920s, all German railway administrations used hand brakes for freight trains. The crew of the train therefore included, in addition to the engine crew, a train driver as the highest authority, a packing master, train conductor and shunter as well as several brakemen. The brakemen took over the braking of the train, the shunting work when en route stops, the exchange and processing of freight documents for the transported goods. For this purpose, an accompanying car was set behind the locomotive, which served as a rolling place of work and residence. Only the brakemen had to sit in one of the brakeman's cabins while driving. At the end of their own development, the KPEV procured Pwg for the first time in 1913/14 according to sample sheet pr IIa13a. After the end of the First World War, this design was chosen to replace the old or missing escort cars of most German state railways. From the 2nd revised edition of the model sheet to 1929, more than 7000 Pwg were built and spread not only in the former KPEV area, but also in Baden and Bavaria, Württemberg and Saxony. Allegedly because of an attempted robbery on a train, the DRB removed the end-to-end running boards and handrails from the late 1930s. Further conversion measures before the start of the war included strengthening the car body frame and removing the window in the cargo hold door.
-Metal axle holder
-Originally reproduced, three-dimensional frame structure
-Individually attached axle box covers
-Brake shoes in wheel plane
-Individually applied handrails and steps
-Extra mounted axle brake linkage
-Extra brake system
-Perforated car body supports
-Epoch-appropriate implementation, e.g. B. Continuous and separate steps, gas or electric lighting, with or without diagonal reinforcement
|Power system: ||DC|
|Coupler:||Shaft NEM 362 with KK kinematics|
|Length over buffer:||97,7 mm|
|Manufacturer price:||59,90 €|