Open Freight Car Omu of the DR
Road no.: 41-17-09
- Car floor of die-cast zinc
- Buckle plate also reproduced three-dimensionally inside
- All grab rails individually attached
- Bearing caps separately attached
- Individually attached brake operating lever
- Wheelsets also shaped on the inside
- Individually mounted plates of the bordering walls
INFO ABOUT THE ORIGINAL
The previously independent regional railway companies were transferred to the Deutsche Reichsbahn in 1920. One of the first actions of the Deutsche Reichsbahn was to standardise all parts used in locomotives and carriages in respect of threads and types of fit, for example - but also entire assemblies. While, in the case of locomotives, entire vehicles were redesigned, proven carriage designs were often revised to make all parts interchangeable with each other. The freight car Om, which had been developed from the "Verbandsbauart" construction A 10 was one of the first types of the so-called "interchangeable construction". The already proven main dimensions were retained. Most of the freight cars came to DB later on, where they were put in the Om 21 class in 1951. In the fifties, many of the cars were taken apart in the course of a conversion programme and new cars with greater carrying capacity were built from parts that were still usable. However, there were still 390 of these cars in use in 1961. The last of them were not taken out of service until 1969.
Between 1927 and 1933 as well as between 1940 and 1942, a total of 19.979 freight cars of the interchangeable construction type were built. The Deutsche Reichsbahn put them in the "Königsberg" type region. These cars were primarily used for transporting coal.
|Elsystem: ||Likström DC|
|Kupplung:||Schacht NEM 362 mit KK-Kinematik|
|Länge über Puffer:||104,6 mm|
|Tillverkarens pris:||38,90 €|