Electric locomotive class 116 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
■ First sound version equipped with two loudspeakers
■ With LED headlight
■ Finely detailed model with separately attached plug-in parts
■ Faithful replica of the Buchli drive
■ In digital operation with individually switchable headlights, driver's cab lighting and engine room lighting
The E 16 series was the only German type of locomotive with a Buchli drive. After a lengthy tendering phase, the Bavarian group administration of the Deutsche Reichsbahn ordered first one electric express locomotive from BBC in 1923 for its main lines intended for electrification, then, after an intensive trial period, 16 more express train electric locomotives, which were to receive the type designation ES 1. The machines with the wheel arrangement 1'Do1' were moved by a single-axle drive arranged on one side, which had been developed by the Swiss engineer Buchli and worked satisfactorily in the SBB series Ae 3/6ˡ. In the total of 52 years of service of the series named after the newly introduced designation system E 16 and from 1968 116, this type of drive proved itself very well despite extensive maintenance. The locomotives were said to run extremely smoothly. In 1929 the Reichsbahn had procured four more machines from Krauss and BBC. Since they had undergone some changes compared to the first locomotives, including the frame and body, these vehicles were given the class designation E 16.1.
The 120 km/h fast locomotives achieved an hourly output of 2,340/2,580 kW and a continuous output of 2,020/2,400 kW. In the first years of use, the high-quality express trains from Munich were among the tasks of the E 16. Mostly they hauled the express and express trains in Bavaria and to Austria. At the height of their careers, the machines hauled three F trains, including the F 5/6 Orient Express, and 42 pairs of D trains.
At the end of 1958, the Federal Railroad pulled all E 16s together in the Freilassing depot. Until the 1970s, one could not do without the reliable locomotives, which, however, also enjoyed optimal care and attention in Freilassing. Planned use of this series ended in 1978.
Over the next few years, selected models from the former Freilassing depot will be reproduced under the “Edition Freilassing” label. In 1905 the first locomotives, still steam locomotives at that time, moved into the engine shed with its 20 tracks. Around 20 years later, the electric locomotive workshop was built, and other buildings followed in the years that followed. ROCO also has a close relationship with the Bavarian city of Freilassing, as the first German sales office was located here. Look forward to the models of this unique edition!
|Power system: ||AC|
|Digital Interface:||PluX22 digital decoder socket|
|Coupler:||Shaft NEM 362 with KK kinematics|
|Anzahl angetriebene Achsen||4|
|Navigable minimum radius:||358 mm|
|Length over buffer:||187 mm|
|Beleuchtung mit LED||Yes|
|Delivery Date:||Q3/ 2023|
|Manufacturer price:||354,90 €|