Electric locomotive class 140 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
■ Model with single lamps and rain gutter
■ Die-cast metal chassis
■ The headlights can be partially or entirely switched off with a DIP switch.
The BZA Munich, Kraus-Maffei and the SSW developed the class E 40 to transport heavy goods trains on main lines in the lowlands. The technical design of the class E 40 corresponds mainly to the E 10.1 locomotive. Only the gear ratio was changed and the standard installation of an electric brake was abandoned. Over 800 of the 110 km/h fast machines were put into operation from 1957 onwards. Their power output is 3,260 kW. In 1968 it was renamed class 140. For a long time, it hauled most of the goods trains on electrified lines; however, it was also used in front of passenger trains. At the end of 2016, it was taken out of service by the DB after almost 60 years of operation.
|Power system: ||DC|
|Digital Interface:||NEM 651 digital decoder socket|
|Anzahl angetriebene Achsen||4|
|Coupler:||Shaft NEM 355 with KK kinematics|
|Length over buffer:||104 mm|
|Navigable minimum radius:||192 mm|
|Headlights:||Triple headlights and two taillights, alternating with travel direction|
|LED Top illumination||Yes|
|Delivery Date:||KW 49/2021|
|Manufacturer price:||174,90 €|