Threshing machine »Ködel & Böhm«
Now there's threshing! Although one should be very careful with the historical threshing machines. The mechanical workshop in Dinkelsbühl, founded by Michael Ködel in 1870, began with the production of simple agricultural machinery such as Göpel and beet cutters. But just 20 years later, around 1890, the first threshing machine, also known as the threshing box, was built. Since business was going very well due to constant further developments, son Wilhelm and his brother-in-law Paul Böhm were able to take over the company in 1909. A little later, in the 1930s, the largest threshing machine factory in Europe grew from what were initially simple beginnings, with over 100,000 threshing machines built. From 1940 Köla began developing the first combine harvester and operated under the name Ködel & Böhm. The steadily growing company also expanded its range to include choppers and straw balers to expand the range of agricultural trailers. In the field of forage harvesters, the company was able to maintain market leadership for a long time. In 1969 the company was sold to the KHD Group based in Lauingen. The model from around 1911, like the miniature, is made entirely of wood. Many lovingly designed individual parts such as drive wheels and belts can be recognized and make them a top-class collector's item.
|Manufacturer price:||33,49 €|