Born in Dresden-Bühlau on January 17, 1904, August Richard Nagetusch founded a specialist bodywork shop in his hometown in 1931. During the Second World War, the company was destroyed on February 13, 1945 in Dresden and the company headquarters was later relocated to Kaitz (southern district of Dresden). At this location, in the 1950s, the development of a caravan that can be mass-produced began. The presentation of the first prototype took place at the Leipzig Autumn Fair in 1958. The first model »Brillant« was soon produced under license in the VEB shipyard Rechlin (Neustrelitz) and later sales cars in the body shop Rosenthal (Saxony).
Only a short time later, on 13 May 1963, Manfred, the proprietor's son, escaped with a diplomat in the trunk of a car across the famous Checkpoint Charlie checkpoint in Friedrichstrasse. From then on, he took care of the business and distribution of the caravan via middlemen from West Berlin. For political reasons, the company founder was soon arrested in 1970 in Dresden, but was ransomed in 1971 by the FRG. In the course of the expropriation wave, the company Nagetusch was nationalized in 1972. The sales cars manufactured under license in Rosenthal were converted into caravans in short and continued to be manufactured until 1973, but no longer under the name of the company founder. A little later, the production ended. The miniatures of this rolling holiday and sales cottage are lovingly detailed to the great role model that can still be found on the streets today.
Built in 1958
|Manufacturer price:||19,99 €|